Friday, December 17, 2010

Letting Go of Control

I’m so confused. Am I supposed to be with you? Are we supposed to get back together? Are we supposed to live life together? What am I supposed to do?  Am I supposed to do anything? Should I try to do something? Anything? Take action instead of sit back? Or should I wait on you? I feel like I should wait…wait on you. It’s time for you to take action. Time for you to be a man. Time for you to pursue me. Time for me to sit back. Time for me to be the woman. Time for me to be pursued.

So that’s what I’m going to do… I’m tired of thinking… I’m tired of being confused. I’m tired of wondering what comes next. So I’m going to rest. I’m going to give my mind a rest. I’m going to give my heart a rest. I’m going to give my emotions a rest. I’m going to let you do the rest.

Confusion is in the past. It has defined our past, but I refused to let it define our present…at least not my present. That was the beauty of changing our future to my future—there wouldn’t be anymore confusion. So confusion is in the past.  And it doesn’t matter what is supposed to happen. I won’t have to try to do anything. Wait. Wait for you to do your part. While I’m waiting, I need to see if there are other men out there for me. Because there will come a time when I’ll be tired of waiting. And I’ll want to see if you really do stand above the rest. 

You hold our future in your hand, but my hand is outstretched waiting for you to come and take it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment