Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm Single and Happy (Yes, It's Possible)


Why are women afraid to be alone? Why does “single” have a negative connation? I tell my acquaintances that I’m single and they immediately start giving me a pity party: “You’ll meet someone,” “It was when I wasn't looking for anyone when I found my future husband,” “You’re young, you still have time”!  The thing is that I actually believe those statements are true, but it’s the context in which they are presented to me that I begin to doubt the validity of the words.   

For once, I want to tell someone that I’m single and for them to give me a high five! "You go girl…I wish I were single"!  Because that’s the truth too.  So many women are in relationships and are bored, tired, frustrated and horny. Women are in these stale relationships just because they don’t want to be alone. No thank you. I would MUCH rather be “alone” by myself than “alone” with someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment